The Manila Folder is a management training and events company (the “Services”) operated by The Manila Folder, LLC, a company headquartered in the State of Utah in the United States (“we,” “us,” “our,” “The Manila Folder,” and “TMF”).
Information We Collect
When you Visit our Website
You are free to explore the Website without providing any Personal Information about yourself. When you visit the Website, we request that you provide Personal Information about yourself, and we collect Navigational Information.
This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Website, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
Personal Information also includes Navigational Information or Payment Information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Navigational Information refers to information about your computer and your visits to this Website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. Please see the “Navigation Information” section below. Payment Information includes information we collect and process payment information from you when you pay for a product or service, including credit card numbers and billing information, using third party PCI-compliant service providers. Except for this, we do not collect Sensitive Information from you.
Information you provide to us on the Website or otherwise
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide Personal Information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name, contact details, company name, profile information) in order to sign up for a free or paid product, or otherwise submit inquiries to us. We may also collect Personal Information, such as your contact and job details and feedback, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of any such communications for our records.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through The Manila Folder’s public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
The Manila Folder encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from The Manila Folder so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. The Manila Folder is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of our Website.
The Personal Information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your Personal Information. We will also let you know prior to collection whether the provision of the Personal Information we are collecting is compulsory or may be provided on a voluntary basis and the consequences, if any, of not providing the information.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third party sources including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in doing marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
Information About Children
The Website is not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, o that we may delete the information.
If you purchase The Manila Folder’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
How We Use Information We Collect
We Never Sell Personal Information
We will never sell, rent or lease your Personal Information to any third party.
Use of Personal Information
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Websites and to improve our Services;
- send information or The Manila Folder content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote use of our Services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- provide other companies with statistical information about our users — but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- meet legal requirements.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your Personal information to the third party.
Customer Testimonials and Comments
We post customer testimonials and comments on our Website, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
Use of Credit Card Information
If you give us credit card information, we use it solely to check your financial qualifications and collect payment from you. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
Public Information and Third-Party Websites
- Blog. We have public blogs on our Website. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us via email at email@example.com. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
- Social media platforms and widgets. Our Website includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly.Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Use of Navigational Information
We use Navigational Information to operate and improve the Website. We may also use Navigational Information alone or in combination with Personal Information to provide you with personalized information about The Manila Folder.
Other Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information. The Manila Folder takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data or marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
The Manila Folder will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Manila Folder or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of The Manila Folder; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Manila Folder, or the public.
The The Manila Folder website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize The Manila Folder pages, or register with The Manila Folder site or services, a cookie helps The Manila Folder to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same The Manila Folder website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the The Manila Folder features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the The Manila Folder services or websites you visit.
Retention Of Personal Information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about our Services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in “To Unsubscribe from Our Communcations” below.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How We Share Information We Collect
We employ other companies and people to provide services to visitors to our Website and our customers, and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products or services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data or performing statistcal analysis, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service, and providing customer service or support. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
To Unsubscribe From Our Communications:
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from The Manila Folder by contacting us here:
– Web page: http://themanilafolder.us15.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=8835718f2ccd3795a22c5be0b&id=a8e2255e7f or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail to, The Manila Folder, LLC., P.O. Box 520291, Salt Lake City, Utah 84105 USA, Attention: Privacy. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us.
Security of your Personal Information
The Manila Folder secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The Manila Folder uses the following methods for this purpose:
– SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this Statement
The Manila Folder will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. The Manila Folder encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how The Manila Folder is protecting your information.
The Manila Folder welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that The Manila Folder has not adhered to this Statement, please contact The Manila Folder at:
The Manila Folder
P.O. Box 520291
Salt Lake City, Utah 84105
Effective as of May 25, 2018